OLED car paint meter low temperature test
LS230 is the first car paint meter in the ultra-low temperature environment of -40 ℃. This car paint meter uses a low temperature resistant OLED liquid crystal display. The LS230 car paint meter is professionally used for the detection of the paint film thickness of used cars. It adopts the two measuring principles of magnetic induction and eddy current, which can quickly measure the paint film thickness on metal substrates such as steel plates and aluminum alloys. It can also identify non-metallic substrate.
As an upgraded version of the Linshang LS220 car paint meter, the LS230 car paint meter can help many northern customers who lives in cold environment solve the problem that the instrument can’t be normally used in winter. The liquid crystal used in general car paint meters can’t display data normally in very cold environments. The following picture shows the test scene of LS230 car paint meter under low temperature and normal temperature environment.
LS230 OLED Car Paint Meter Characteristics
1. Fast measurment, the test can be completed in 0.5 seconds.
2. The LS230 car paint thickness gauge uses low temperature resistant OLED liquid crystal to ensure the instrument can be normally used in cold environment.
3. Wear-proof ruby probe for long-term use with strong corrosion and abrasion resistance.
4. No calibration is needed just simple zero adjustment. Provide standard zero adjustment plates for zero adjustment.
5. One button with simple operation.
6. The LS230 car paint meter use iron and aluminum probe and can automatically identify the automotive substrate of steel plate, aluminum alloy and other materials. It can also automatically switch the measurement mode.
7．"Fe", "NFe", "Fe/NFe" three measurement modes can be set for the LS230 car paint meter. Two units (μm and mil ) can be selected.
8. With temperature compensation function and digital function of analog signal end, the car paint meter can ensure the stability of the sensor signal.
9. Ultra-low power consumption, coupled with the design of automatic shutdown with no operation for 3 minutes to avoid frequent battery replacement and saves energy.
10.Complimentary cell phone APP, can generate test reports. With Bluetooth data transmission function, online operation with cell phone APP, test data can be generated test report, and the report can be saved or shared.
|LS230 Car paint meter
|Fe: Hall Effect / NFe: Eddy current
|Built-in integrated probe
|≤±(3%H+2μm), H is the standard value
|μm / mil
|Minimum measuring area
|Ø = 25mm
|Convex:5mm / Concave:25mm
|Minimum substrate thickness
|Fe:0.2mm / NFe:0.05mm
|128×48 dot matrix low temperature resistant OLED
|2pcs of 1.5V AAA alkaline battery
|Range of operation temperature
|Storage temperature range
Qualification and Standards
1. LS230 car paint meter conforms to the following standards：
GB/T 4956-2003 Non-magnetic Coatings on Magnetic Substrates-Measurement of Coating Thickness-Magnetic Method
GB/T 4957-2003 Non-conductive Coatings on Non-magnetic Basis Metals-Measurement of Coating Thickness-Eddy Current
DIN EN ISO 2808 Paints and Varnishes-Determination of Film Thickness
JJG-818-2005 Verification Regulation of Magnetic and Eddy Current Measuring Instrument for Coating Thickness
2. LS230 certificate
The car paint meter APP supports Android operating system 6.0 and above. Use your mobile browser or We Chat to scan the QR code in the picture below and follow the prompts to download and install the CoatingThicknessGauge.apk software. After the installation is complete, the icon shown in the figure below will appear on the phone desktop. (The App only support Chinese)
|LS230 Coating Thickness Gauge
|Fe plate of zero adjustment
|NFe plate of zero adjustment
|1.5V AAA alkaline battery
|Package size 18 * 10 * 6 cm (L * W * H)
The car paint meter has one-year warranty. If the meter works abnormally, please send the whole
car paint meter to our company for maintenance
Provide users with spare parts and lifelong maintenance services
Provide the users with the meter inspection service
Free technical support for long term
1. The difference between LS220 and LS230 car paint meter?
LS230 is an OLED automotive paint meter, which can be used in an environment of minus 40°C, with sensitive response and no lag; while the conventional automotive paint meter LS220 uses a liquid crystal display and the working temperature is -20°C to 60°C.
2. The difference between LS230 and LS232 automotive paint meter?
The automotive paint meter LS232 is equipped with two OLED screens. And users can read from the front and top screens of the automotive paint meter at the same time. It is more convenient to read when testing different positions of the car body. LS230 only has an OLED screen on the front.
3. How to judge whether the car has been repainted or not?
At present, the paint thickness of different brands of cars on the market is not exactly the same. Therefore, when measuring the paint film thickness of a certain car, you can first measure the paint thickness on the car roof, because car roof is rarely affected by external forces and scratches, dents or deformation, it is more likely to retain the original paint thickness.
To test the specfic position of the car, you can take the upper, lower, left, right, and middle five points to test and calculate the average value of the five data. If the value of one point is greater than the average value of more than 30μm, this position may have been repainted.
4. Under what circumstances we need to make zero adjustment?
When the body material of the car under test changes; the instrument has not been used for a long time; when the ambient temperature changed significantly; after the battery is replaced.
5. Can I customize the LOGO and shell of the car paint meter?
Yes, but there is a minimum order quantity.
The minimum order quantity for customized LOGO: 100pcs; the minimum order quantity for customized instrument shell: 500pcs
Your product information request
Please let us know your requirements and we will be in contact with you shortly！