FAQ of Linshang LS300 and LS301 Solar Film Temperature Meter
Linshang Technology has developed two models of solar film temperature meter- LS300 and LS301. Both solar film temperature meters are used to demonstrate the insulation effect of various insulation films and coatings. In the actual use process, we occasionally hear feedback from some customers. The following are some problems and solutions that may be encountered when using the LS300 / LS301 solar film temperature meter, as follows:
1. What do the "temperature" and "temperature difference" displayed on the LS300 solar film temperature meter mean?
"Temperature" means the real-time temperature value measured by the instrument. As the temperature increases or decreases, the data changes in real time.
"Temperature difference" means the difference between the real-time temperature after test and the temperature before the test.
The smaller the "temperature difference", the better the insulation effect of the tested material.
The above figure is an example to explain how to read and understand the test data:
(1) The temperatures on the left and right sides before the test are 35.8℃and 35.8℃, respectively.
(2) After turning on the light, the left temperature rise 16℃, the temperature difference (16℃) = the temperature after the test (51.8℃)-the temperature before the test(35.8℃).
(3) After turning on the light, the right temperature rise 2.8℃, the temperature difference (2.8℃) = the temperature after the test (38.6℃)-the temperature before the test(35.8℃).
2. Why is the heat insulation rate of LS301 solar film temperature meter "0"?
The heat insulation rate will be locked after the infrared lamp is turned on. At this time, the data will not change after placing the sample. You need to turn on the infrared lamp after placing the tested material. If you turn on the light first and then put in the test material, the data will be displayed as "0". For specific steps, please refer to the following video:
3. Why the temperature digital tube of the solar film temperature meter display is incomplete after the instrument is plugged in?
In this case, problems may occur due to vibration during transportation. The instrument needs to be returned to the factory for maintenance or replacement.
4. Why does the temperature digital tube display "---" when the solar film temperature meter is plugged in?
If this happens, the plug of the temperature probe may be loose. You can open the back cover of the instrument and reconnect the connection cable of the temperature probe. The location of the connection plug is shown in the following icon note:
5. Why the digital tube (or infrared lamp) does not light?
(1) There are several situations where the digital tube and the infrared light are not on and the solutions:
A. The instrument is not powered on. Try changing a few more sockets.
B. The power cord plug is loose. Please unplug the power supply, open the back cover of the instrument and reconnect the interface of the control power supply with reference to the figure below. (Be careful to unplug the power before operating)
C. The power supply is broken, please send the instrument back to the factory for maintenance or replacement.
(2) There are several situations where the digital tube is on but the infrared light is off, or just one infrared light is off. The solutions are as following:
A. The infrared bulb is loose. Remove the back cover of the case and try to tighten the light bulb that is not on. (Be careful to unplug the power before operating)
B. The plug for controlling the infrared bulb is loose. Please unplug the power supply, open the back cover of the instrument. Reconnect the interface for controlling the infrared light referring to the figure below. (Be careful to unplug the power before operating)
C. The infrared lamp is broken. Please send the instrument back to the factory for maintenance or replacement.