LS117 Optical Density Meter
I. LS117 Optical Density Meter Introduction
Linshang LS117 densitometer is an instrument that can measure both optical density and light transmittance. The instrument adopt the diffuse transmission principle which is suitable for the optical density test of aluminized film, film, X-ray film, lens ink and other materials. The light transmittance test of opalescent translucent materials and frosted matte materials, such as zirconia, opalescent acrylic and so on. The light source of the instrument complies with the CIE photopic luminosity function and can pass the inspection of Chinese national metrological institute.
LS117 light transmission meter advantage video
Related knowledge of optical density: optical density, abbreviated as OD. It is defined as the logarithm of the ratio of incident light to transmitted light, or the logarithm of the light transmittance reciprocal. The calculation formula is OD = log10 (incident light / transmitted light) or OD = log10 (1 / light transmittance). Generally, when testing materials with very low light transmittance, it is difficult to compare the differences between the materials using the light transmittance value. The data will be more intuitive after converting into optical density values.
II. LS117 Optical Density Meter Parameters
0.005% (10% -100%)
Optical density resolution
0.001 OD (0.00-2.00OD)
0.01 OD (2.00-4.00OD)
0.1 OD (4.00-6.00OD)
380nm-760nm, conforming to
CIE photopic luminosity function
|Weight||About 576g (without battery)|
|Power supply||4*AAA alkaline dry battery|
|Display||240*160 dot-matrixes LCD|
LS117 light transmission meter appearance
III. LS117 Optical Density Meter Characteristics
1. The optical density meter has wide measuring range. The optical density value can be measured to OD 6. The transmittance resolution is up to 0.005%.
2. During the test, the interface displays both the transmittance value and the optical density value of the material.
two test data of LS117 optical density meter
3． The LS117 portable densitometer uses a diffuse transmission light path design, which has the same effect of the integrating sphere. There are relevant instructions in "GB / T 11500-2008 / ISO 5-2: 2001". The regulation has stated that “Use opale glass method instead of integrating sphere method as the basis of ISO standard diffuse transmission density”.
4．The light source complies with the CIE photopic luminosity function to ensure that it passes the testing of the Chinese Metrology Institute.
5. The optical density meter has two measurement methods which is more flexible to use.
two measurement methods of LS117 light transmittance meter
(1) Fixed measurement: It is more suitable for testing regular or smaller objects.
(2) Hand-held measurement: take the probe down for testing, which is more suitable for irregular and large-volume materials.
6. Suitable for testing optical density of aluminized film, film, X-ray film, lens ink and other materials. The optical density meter is suitable for testing the light transmittance of opalescent translucent materials, matte materials.
LS117 test optical density value
LS117 light transmittance meter test light transmittance
IV. LS117 Optical Density Meter Qualification and Standard
1. The LS117 Optical Density Meter conform to the following standard “JJF1225-2009 Calibration Specification for Transmittance Meter of Automobile”, “JJG920-2017 Diffuse Transmission Visual Densitometers”
2. Calibration report
V. LS117 Optical Density Meter Operation Video
|1||LS117 Optical Density Meter||1||pcs|
|4||Certificate / warranty card||1||pcs|
Packing box dimension
LS117 Optical Density Meter package
VII.LS117 Optical Density Meter After-Sales Service
The meter has one-year warranty. If the instrument works abnormally, please send the whole instrument to our company for maintenance
Provide users with spare parts and lifelong maintenance services
Provide the users with the meter inspection service
Free technical support for long term
Manufacturer: Shenzhen Linshang Technology Co.,Ltd. Website: https://www.linshangtech.com/
Service hotline: 0755-86263411 Email: email@example.com
For more information about the Light Transmittance Meter selection, please click article below for details