LS221 coating thickness gauge is also called coating thickness meter and paint thickness meter. It is a professional instrument for measuring the thickness of metal surface coatings. The host and the probe adopt a separate design, which is convenient for viewing data while testing under complex test conditions. It can be used in the laboratory and engineering field.
● There are only four types of ferromagnetic metal elements at room temperature: iron, cobalt, nickel, and thorium.
● Common non-ferromagnetic metals: copper, aluminum, magnesium, zinc, chromium, etc.
● Hall effect: can be used for the measurement of non-ferromagnetic coatings on ferromagnetic metal substrates.
● Eddy current: can be used for the measurement of non-conductive coatings on non-magnetic metal substrates.
LS221 coating thickness gauge
LS221 coating thickness gauge is widely used in metal processing industry, coating industry, hardware industry, shipbuilding industry, aerospace industry and other fields. The following pictures are a few examples of the practical application of the LS221 digital paint thickness gauge (the following measurements are for reference only, not all)
LS221 digital paint thickness gauge test different materials
|Parameter||LS221 Coating Thickness Gauge|
|Probe tip||Ruby fixed|
|Measuring principle||Fe:Hall Effect / NFe: Eddy current|
|Probe type||External cable probe|
|Unit||μm / mil|
|Minimum measuring area||Ø = 25mm|
|Minimum curvature||Convex:5mm / Concave:25mm|
Minimum substrate thickness
|Fe:0.2mm / NFe:0.05mm|
|Display||128×48 dot matrix LCD|
|Power supply||2pcs of 1.5V AAA alkaline battery|
Range of operation temperature
Storage temperature range
|Host size||101*62*28 mm|
|Probe size||71*26*22 mm|
|Weight(with battery)||114 g|
LS221 paint thickness gauge
1．The LS221 coating thickness gauge adopt two measurement principles and can identify the substrate automatically. Measurement can be completed in 0.5 seconds.
Two measurement modes of LS221 paint thickness gauge
2．Advanced digital probe technology can keep the zero position stable without drift and frequent zero adjustment.
3．Small size for carrying around.
4．Advanced technology solves the linearity problem of the LS221 coating thickness gauge. No calibration is required just simple zero adjustment to ensure the measurement accuracy.
LS221 coating thickness gauge accuracy test
5．The LS221 digital paint thickness gauge has high sensitivity probe, the test response speed is very fast and the data can be measured in 0.5 seconds.
6．With temperature compensation function and digitalizing analog signal function, these sensors are unsusceptible to interference.
7．Wear-proof ruby probe tip for long-term use with strong corrosion and abrasion resistance.
8．The LS221 coating thickness gauge has negative number display function to ensure the accuracy of the zero adjustment and improve the test accuracy.
9．Low power design, the current is less than 0.01uA in standby.
10. The LS221 coating thickness gauge has three measurement modes:Fe mode, NFe mode and Fe/NFe mode.
Three measurement modes and language switch
1. LS221 coating thickness gauge conforms to the following standards：
(1) GB/T 4956-2003 Non-magnetic Coatings on Magnetic Substrates-Measurement of Coating Thickness-Magnetic Method
(2) GB/T 4957-2003 Non-conductive Coatings on Non-magnetic Basis Metals-Measurement of Coating Thickness-Eddy Current
(3) DIN EN ISO 2808 Paints and Varnishes-Determination of Film Thickness
(4) JJG-818-2005 Verification Regulation of Magnetic and Eddy Current Measuring Instrument for Coating Thickness
|1||LS220/LS221 coating thickness gauge||1||Set|
|2||Fe plate of zero adjustment||1||Pcs|
|3||NFe plate of zero adjustment||1||Pcs|
|7||1.5V AAA alkaline battery||2||Pcs|
1.The meter has one-year warranty. If the gauge works abnormally, pleasesend the whole gauge to our company for maintenance
2.Provide users with spare parts and lifelong maintenance services
3.Provide the users with the meter inspection service
4.Free technical support for long term
Manufacturer: Shenzhen Linshang Technology Co.,Ltd. Website: www.linshangtech.com
Service hotline: 0755-86263411 Email: email@example.com
If you want to know more about the Linshang coating thickness gauge，Please click “Coating Thickness Gauge Selection and FAQ”.