Coating Thickness Gauge Selection and FAQ
A digital paint thickness gauge is an important painting film and quality inspection tool when anodizing, galvanizing and applying zinc coating to metallic surfaces. Coating thickness gauge can be also used to measure the paint thickness and uniformity on used-cars, revealing repainted spots, identifying hidden damages and exposing undisclosed accidents. This function is very helpful when determining the actual value of a used-car. Powder coating thickness gauge is used for measuring powder coating thickness, it’s a magnetic or eddy current thickness gauge on powder-coated metal substrates.
I. Linshang Coating Thickness Gauge Selection Table and Price List
II. Product Details of Linshang Coating Thickness Gauge
1. LS220H Dry Film Thickness Gauge (Integrated probe)
LS220H dry film thickness gauge is more suitable for measuring the dry film and coating thickness on all kinds of ferrous or non-ferrous metal substrates such as copper, steel, iron or aluminum.
● Digital probe, keep the zero position stable for a long time without drifting
● High accuracy and good repeatability
● For both iron and aluminum,automatically switched on magnetic and non-magnetic substrates
2. LS221 Coating Thickness Gauge (External probe)
The LS221 coating thickness gauge is more suitable for measuring the coating and powder thickness on all kinds of ferrous or non-ferrous metal substrates such as copper, steel, iron or aluminum. With 0.5s ultra-short measuring internal and small size, it's very compact and easy to carry.
● Fast measurement, 0.5s measuring interval
● No calibration, just zero adjustment
●With cable probe,suitable for testing narrow space
3. LS223 Coating Thickness Gauge with (External Probe)
The LS223 coating thickness gauge supports automatic turn on when the probe contacts the test object and manual turn on by pressing the button, with 0.5s ultra-short measuring internal and small size, it's very compact and easy to carry.
● Fast measurement, 0.5s measuring interval
● No calibration, just zero adjustment.
● With temperature compensation function and digitalizing analog signal function,can provide an excellent measuring accuracy
4. LS225 Plating Thickness Gauge (External Probe)
III. FAQ about Linshang Coating Thickness Gauge
1. How long is the product guarantee?
Linshang coating thickness gauge can be returned to the factory without any reason in 90days (No human damage and can be used for second sales).The supplier provide one year warranty and lifetime maintenance after-sales service.
2. What materials can be tested with Linshang coating thickness gauge?
The Linshang coating thickness gauge uses both the Hall Effect and the eddy current principle. It is an iron-aluminum dual-use instrument that automatically recognizes the substrate and switches between iron-based and non-ferrous-based measurement modes.
It is suitable for measuring the thickness of non-magnetic coating ( paint, varnish, enamel, galvanized) on magnetic metal substrates such as steel, iron, etc.,
It is also suitable for measuring non-conductive coatings (coatings, anodized layers) on non-magnetic metal substrates such as copper,aluminum,die-cast zinc,etc.
3. What are the similarities and differences between LS220H and LS221?
The same point:the measurement parameters of LS220H and LS221 are the same.The two meters can be used both for ferrous and non-ferrous substrates,the range is 0-2000 microns.
Difference:The LS220H is an integrated type that can be operated with one hand.The LS221 is a split-type instrument that is more suitable for measurements in narrow spaces and higher or lower positions,making reading and operation more convenient.
4. What are the similarities and differences between LS221 and LS223?
The same point: the probes of the LS221 and LS223 coating thickness gauges are connected to the main unit through an external line, which can measure some small spaces and higher or lower positions. The reading is more convenient.
Difference: The LS223 also supports automatic trigger boot during the test. The LS221 coating thickness gauge does not have this function.
5. Do I need to calibrate the instrument before I use it?
No, Linshang coating thickness gauge does not require calibration and can be used only by making zero adjustment.
6. In what conditions do we need to make zero adjustment?
Several situations in which zero adjustment is recommended before testing:
Tested material substrate has been changed
The instrument has not been used for a long time
When the ambient temperature changes greatly
The instrument has been replaced with a battery
7. Does Linshang coating thickness gauge provide a measurement certificate?
The Linshang coating thickness gauge can ensure the inspection by the authoritative metrology institute. If you need a metrology certificate, you can send it to a third-party authoritative metrology institute for inspection. Our company also provides the inspection service on behalf of the company. After the completion of the inspection, the metrology institute will inform you of the payment.
If you have questions regarding the specific application of coating thickness gauge, our technical support staff at Linshang Technology will assist you in selecting the right painting thickness gauge. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp +86 13510633052.
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge