Anticorrosive Coating Application and Thickness Detection
Anti-corrosion coatings are generally divided into conventional anti-corrosion coatings and heavy anti-corrosion coatings. Conventional anti-corrosion coatings play an anti-corrosive effect on metals under normal conditions to protect the life of non-ferrous metals. In other words, it can be used in relatively harsh corrosive environments and has a type of anticorrosive coating that can achieve a longer protection period than conventional anticorrosive coatings. So, what is the anticorrosive principle of anticorrosive coatings?
1. The principle of anticorrosive coatings
(1) Chemical principle
The chemical principle of anticorrosion is to neutralize harmful acid and alkali substances into neutral and harmless substances to protect the materials in the anticorrosive coating from corrosive substances. Amphoteric compounds, such as aluminum hydroxide, barium hydroxide and zinc oxide, are often added to anti-rust coatings. These substances can easily react with acid and alkali harmful substances to achieve anti-corrosion effects.
(2) Physical principles
The physical principle of anticorrosion is to isolate the protected material from the external corrosive substances with an anticorrosive coating. For example, antirust coatings use film-forming agents to obtain dense anticorrosive coatings to isolate the damage of corrosive substances. For example, lead paint and oil can react to form lead soap to ensure the compactness of the anticorrosive coating.
(3) Electrochemical effect
The electrochemical effect of anticorrosion refers to the addition of some special substances to the antirust paint, so that when water and oxygen pass through the antirust paint, anticorrosive ions will be formed. The surface of metals such as steel and iron will be passivated, thereby preventing the metal ions. Dissolve to achieve the purpose of antisepsis, the most common of this special substance is chromate.
2. Anticorrosive coatings application
(1) Emerging offshore engineering: offshore facilities, coastal and bay structures, offshore oil drilling platforms;
(2) Modern transportation: highway guardrails, bridges, boats, containers, train and railway facilities, cars, and airport facilities;
(3) Energy industry: hydraulic equipment, water tanks, gas tanks, petroleum refining equipment, petroleum storage equipment (oil pipes, oil tanks), power transmission and transformation equipment, nuclear power, coal mines;
(4) Large-scale industrial enterprises: papermaking equipment, medical equipment, food chemical equipment, inner and outer walls of metal containers, pipes, storage tanks in chemical, steel, petrochemical plants, mine smelting, cement plant equipment, floors with corrosive media, walls, cement components ;
3. Anticorrosive coating thickness
Too thin anticorrosive coating will lead to premature failure of the coating, too much thickness will increase the cost. The uniformity of the coating is an important process parameter. Powder coating thickness gauge for accurate measurements. The accuracy of the three powder coating thickness gauges independently developed by Linshang Technology is consistent with the accuracy of the international coating thickness gauge brand Q-nix. It is currently the highest precision coating thickness measuring instrument in Chinese coating thickness gauges. LS221 and LS223 coating thickness gauges are externally connected, suitable for narrow test environments. It can be inserted into the test point to test , The host is convenient for reading. Selecting a good coating supporting system and powder coating thickness gauge is like "wearing" a steel jacket with a windproof and cold protection. To achieve outstanding coating maintenance, the outstanding appearance treatment before coating is indispensable, it can make this coat firmly adhere to the appearance of the steel structure and bear the burden of maintaining the steel structure for a long time.
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge