How Thick is the Car Paint Film?
There are four layers of automotive paint film: varnish layer, color paint layer, medium coating layer, and electrophoretic layer. Each layer has different functions. Due to the advancement and development of technology, the paint film becomes thinner. The combination of the medium coating layer and the color paint layer maintains the functionality of the car paint and saves costs. The thickness of the car paint film can be measured by the Linshang LS220 coating thickness gauge. The LS220 coating thickness gauge has the digital function of the analog signal terminal and the digital probe technology to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the measured data.
In the minds of most car owners, it is considered that the thicker of the car paint film, the better, the thinner, the worse. Is that really the case? Is it really better when the car paint film is thicker?
This is not the case. There are four layers of automotive paint film, namely varnish layer, color lacquer layer, medium coating layer, and electrophoretic layer. These four layers have different roles:
1. Electrophoretic layer: anti-rust for the steel plate of the car;
2. Medium coating: The main function is to isolate the ultraviolet rays while preventing the impact sanding;
3. Paint layer: used to achieve the effect of coloring;
4. Varnish layer: It is also the outermost layer, used to protect the entire paint, just like the mobile phone film.
In fact, in recent years, the car paint is getting thinner. Because with the development and the emergence of new painting technology, the coating of the middle coating is gradually eliminated, but this method does not discard the middle coating. These two layers are blended by new technology. In this way, we can ensure that the UV function and wear resistance function can be used, which not only maintains the function of the paint, but also saves costs. Therefore, it is not the thinner the car's paint, the worse it is.
So how do we know the thickness of the car paint film clearly?
The Linshang LS220 coating thickness gauge can be used to identify the thickness of the car paint film. LS220 coating thickness gauge is a professional meter for detecting the thickness of automotive paint film. The meter has digital signal function of analog signal terminal and digital probe technology to ensure the stability of the sensor signal of the gauge and provide good test accuracy.
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge