How to Test UV Blocking Rate with an UV Power Meter
The latest UV power meter from Linshang Technology has added the function to test the UV blocking rate of solar film. However, many customers have not noticed this function. Below we will explain in detail how to test UV blocking rate of solar film with LS123 UV power meter.
First we need to prepare an UV flashlight, an UV power meter and a piece of solar film.
1.Press the power button to turn on the UV power meter. At this time, the number in the upper right corner of the instrument shows 0.0. This value is the UV power. The lower left corner shows 0.0%, which is the UV blocking rate.
UV flash light and UV power meter
2. Turn on the flashlight and keep the light source facing the top detector of the UV power meter. At this time, the upper right corner of the instrument will show that the UV power is 12636uW/cm.
UV blocking rate of window film
3. After the UV power data of the instrument is basically stable, press the “0%” button, and 0% appears at the bottom left of the instrument. This value represents UV power meter can accept all the UV light power from the flashlight, so the UV blocking rate shows 0%.
4. Keep the position of the UV flashlight and the UV power meter unchanged. Place a solar film between the flashlight and the UV power meter. The UV blocking rate of the solar film can be immediately displayed in the lower left corner of the instrument. 90% means the solar film can block 90% UV power. The upper right corner shows the UV power value through this solar film.
In addition to testing the solar film, this UV power meter can also test glass and automotive window, we can compare the UV blocking rate changes before and after attach a car window film.
- Car Paint Meter LS220B Test JEEP Paint Thickness
- Why do We Test Mobile Phone Ink Hole IR Transmittance?
- Why Measured Data from LS103A isn't Consistent From LS183 Spectrum Detective
- UV Energy Meter Applied on UV Exposure Machine
- New Method of IR Ink Transmission Meter
- Compare Test Data of Linshang LS183 and LS108H Optical Transmission Meter