Light Transmission Meter | How to effectively improve glass transmittance
In the decoration industry, glass must be one of the most common materials. However, glass is very different from other common decoration materials. Glass is a transparent material. This property determines that it has one more use to refract light into the room, but at the same time, glass has another test compared to other materials-light transmittance.
1. Factors affecting glass transmittance
In the case of no significant difference in glass composition, the factors that affect the light transmittance of the glass are mainly the following reasons: the quality of the raw materials, the fuel and refractory materials, the amount of furnaces and the broken glass that is returned to the furnace.
(1) Quality of raw materials
The nature of glass is still some of the minerals in nature; such as quartz sand, feldspar powder, dolomite powder, calcite, etc., It is mostly a natural mineral, it will inevitably occur under the accumulation of natural long time. Some magazines that are difficult to remove manually, during the glass refining process, the presence of some glass will not affect the quality of the glass.
In the process of making glass, it is inevitable to add some artificial chemical materials, such as boric acid, sodium and antimony oxide. These materials have a much higher purity than natural minerals and have a small impact on the light transmittance of glass.
(2) Fuel and refractory materials
Nowadays, most of the fuels for glass melting in most factories are heavy oil. When the heavy oil is not completely burned, some impurities in the air will enter the glass, which affects the light transmittance of the glass.
In the process of glass melting at high temperature, the glass liquid can easily attack the refractory material contacting the glass, causing some components in the refractory material to enter the glass component, thereby reducing the light transmittance of the glass.
2. How to improve the transmittance of glass?
(1) Pay attention to batch quality. Stick to purer raw materials. The quantity of broken glass returned to the furnace should be small and must be handled cleanly, so that the colored glass cannot be returned to the furnace.
(2) The furnace output should be large. Arrange more productions to make the molten glass stay in the furnace as short as possible. When necessary, excavation measures can be taken to increase the output.
(3) Periodically scrape the material on the work leak surface to remove the colored glass on the liquid surface and affecting the light transmittance of the lower glass.
(4) Improve the surface finish of glass products, improve the convex mold of the oscilloscope glass screen, improve the quality of the inner surface of the glass screen and reduce various defects that affect the light transmittance of the glass screen.
(5) Use the light transmission meter to strengthen the detection of glass transmittance and have a better grasp of glass transmittance in time.
- Difference between LS103A and LS183 spectrum transmission meter
- Measuring the Transmittance of a Hemisphere by Plastic Transmittance Meter
- Features of the LS183 UV Transmittance Meter
- Spectacle lens anti-blue light detection---blue-violet light transmittance meter
- Spectrum Transmission Meter for Measuring PC Sheet
- Difference between Visible Light Transmission Meter LS183 and LS108H