Principle and Features of FN Dual-purpose Coating Thickness Gauge
For those who have never been in contact with the coating thickness gauge, you may often feel confuse about those terminologies such as Fe, NFe, magnetic substrate, non-magnetic material, etc. It is difficult to judge whether the instrument is suitable. Through the following explanation, let everyone learn more about the FN dual-use coating thickness gauge.
1. Industry Terminology
(1) "Fe": stands for ferrous ferromagnetic substrate. The F-type coating thickness gauge uses the principle of magnetic induction to measure non-magnetic coatings and coatings on magnetic metals such as iron.
(2) "NFe": stands for Non-ferrous non-ferromagnetic substrate. The N-type coating thickness gauge uses the principle of eddy current to measure the paint and plastic layers on copper, aluminum, zinc and other substrates.
(3) "FN" refers to a FN dual-purpose coating thickness gauge with a combination of magnetic and eddy current.
2. The principle of FN dual-purpose coating thickness gauge
(1) Magnetic induction measurement
The coating thickness is determined by the amount of magnetic flux flowing from the probe through the non-magnetic coating into the magnetic substrate. The thicker the coating, the greater the magnetic resistance and the smaller the magnetic flux. It is also possible to measure the size of the corresponding magnetic resistance to indicate the coating thickness. The thicker the coating, the greater the magnetic resistance and the smaller the magnetic flux.
(2) Eddy current measurement
Use high-frequency AC signals to generate an electromagnetic field in the probe coil. When the probe is close to the conductor, an eddy current is formed in it. The closer the probe is to the conductive substrate, the larger the eddy current and the larger the reflection resistance. This feedback action characterizes the distance between the probe and the conductive substrate, that is, the non-conductive coating thickness on the conductive substrate.
(3) Features of FN dual-purpose coating thickness gauge
A wide range of applications, such as automotive paint, industrial production, scientific research and other fields; simple operation , low price and non-destructive methods, fast measurement speed. A large number of inspection work can be carried out economically. To sum up the above characteristics, here we use Linshang LS220 coating thickness gauge to explain. The LS220 coating thickness gauge is a FN dual-purpose coating thickness gauge, which uses the principle of magnetic induction and eddy current measurement principles. It is designed as integrated type, which can automatically identify the substrate, the test range is 0-2000μm. The test speed is 0.5s. This coating thickness gauge also has simple operation and high stability.
Therefore, the applicability of the FN dual-use coating thickness gauge is the best.
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge