Light Transmittance Meter LS117 for Smart Glass
The light transmittance of the Smart glass is different when the power is turned off and the power is turned on. This is to test the light transmittance of the Smart glass by using the light transmittance meter LS117 with an integrating sphere effect.
Smart glass or dimming glass (also smart windows or switchable windows in those applications), is a glass or glazing whose light transmission properties are altered when voltage, light, or heat is applied. In general, the glass changes from transparent to translucent and vice versa, changing from letting light pass through to blocking some (or all) wavelengths of light and vice versa. (From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_glass)
The light transmittance of smart glass has always been the focus of attention of major manufacturers and users. Because the smart glass is in a state where the power is turned off and the power is turned on, the light transmittance is different. The Linshang light transmittance meter LS117 can be used to test the light transmittance of the smart glass. In particular, in the case where the smart glass is not energized, the glass is milky white, ground or foggy. If the light transmittance is tested with a conventional light transmittance meter, the data will generally be low. It is necessary to use the diffuse transmission principle to test with the light transmittance meter LS117 with the integrating sphere effect.
1. When the smart glass is turned off, the liquid crystal molecules in the glass are irregularly dispersed, so the light transmittance is very low, and the glass is milky white, ground, atomized, and can protect privacy. The light transmittance is less than 1% when the power is off.
2. When the smart glass is turned on, the liquid crystal molecules in the glass are arranged neatly, the light can be injected, and the glass is transparent, which can keep the indoor transparent. The light transmittance is greater than 80% when energized.
Different manufacturers of smart glass products have different light transmittance, but they can all be tested with the Linshang light transmittance meter LS117.More product information please refer to "LS117 light transmittance meter".
- Difference between LS116 and LS117 Light Transmittance Meter
- What’s the Difference Between Point Light and Parallel Light Transmittance Meter
- Measurement of Optical Density
- Spectacle lens anti-blue light detection---blue-violet light transmittance meter
- Difference of LS116 Transmission & LS117 OD Meter
- Linshang Insulated Glass Unit Measuring Tools