Application of Coating Thickness Meter in Oil Tank Anticorrosion Industry
Oil and gas often need to be stored in storage tanks. These are flammable and explosive materials. If the external anticorrosive coating ages and falls off, severe corrosion of the storage tank will bring us serious safety risks. Therefore, it is necessary to use a coating thickness meter to measure the anticorrosive coating thickness on the surface of the storage tank. If the anticorrosive coating thickness is not up to standard, the service life of the storage tank will be seriously affected.
1. Construction process of anticorrosive coating
Before spraying the anticorrosive coating, the attachments and floats on the surface of the storage tank must be treated. Add a certain proportion of water-based paint to tap water, mix and spray on the surface of the treated storage tank. After the primer is cured (usually a 24-hour primer will be completely cured), the amount of tap water is appropriately adjusted to spray the primer of the middle layer. After the intermediate layer is completely cured, the water-based coating is added to tap water for spraying the topcoat layer. After spraying completely dry, the overall coating thickness shall be measured with a coating thickness meter to check whether the coating thickness meets the standard. If the coating thickness, surface color and surface gloss of the coating meet the standards after drying, then the construction process is qualified.
2. The thickness requirements of anticorrosive coating
The oil tank anticorrosive coating generally requires a primer layer. After the primer layer is dried, the primer coating thickness is 20-25 μm. Spraying the intermediate layer on the primer layer generally requires that the intermediate coating thickness be measured with a coating thickness meter to 100 μm. After the paint of the middle layer is dried, spray the top coat and the top protective paint. The final coating thickness is measured with a coating thickness meter to 200 μm. And regular thickness detection is performed to make the coating thickness measurement of the entire oil tank meet the requirements. During the measurement process, the surface gloss, flatness, missing coating, sagging and other defects are found through the coating thickness.
3. Measure the anticorrosive coating thickness with LS220H coating thickness meter
From the above, it can be seen that it is necessary to measure the anticorrosive coating thickness of the oil tank with a coating thickness meter. It is recommended to use Linshang LS220H coating thickness meter to check the thickness of anticorrosive coating. The measuring range of this instrument is 0-2000μm, which can not only be used for measuring the anticorrosive coating thickness on the surface of oil tanks. It can also be used in automotive evaluation, shipbuilding, aerospace and fire protection or anti-corrosion coating thickness measurement on steel structures. LS220H coating thickness meter meets the following product basis:
● "GB / T 4956-2003 Non-magnetic coating thickness measurement on magnetic substrate-magnetic method"
● "GB / T 4957-2003 Non-conductive coating thickness measurement on non-magnetic base metal-Eddy current method"
● "DIN EN ISO 2808 Determination of film thickness of paints and varnishes"
● "JJG-818-2005 Verification Regulations of Magnetic and Eddy Current Covering Thickness Measuring Instrument"
Linshang LS220H coating thickness meter has a simple design, simple operation and fast response. As fast as the hand is, the instrument responds as fast as possible and the measurement data is accurate and repeatable, ensuring that it passes the inspection of Chinese national institute test. For details, please consult us!
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge