The Role and Characteristics of Fire-resistant Coatings and Measurement Methods
Fire-resistant coating is applied to the surface layer of buildings and buildings. It can generate the thickness of fire-resistant materials, heat insulation, and protective coatings to enhance the fire resistance of building construction. It can reduce the flammability of the surface of the coated raw materials and conduct fire blocking. The rapid spread of accidents is a special coating used to improve the fire resistance of the raw materials being coated.
The function of fire protection coating is: through construction, the fire resistance time of building components can be effectively improved to meet the design requirements of building design fire protection specifications. With: non-combustible, convenient construction. Determine the type to be used according to the design requirements of the project.
Fireproof coating characteristics:
(1) The fire-resistant material itself is flame-retardant or non-combustible, so that the sheet being maintained does not immediately touch the gas, delaying the ignition of the block and reducing the rate of ignition.
(2) In addition to its own flame retardancy or non-flammability, flame retardant coatings also have low thermal conductivity, which may delay the transfer of flame temperature to the protected substrate.
(3) The flame retardant coating is heated to decompose a non-combustible inert gas, which dilutes the combustible gas decomposed by the protected object, making it difficult to burn or slowing the burning rate.
(4) Nitrogen-containing flame retardant coatings decompose groups such as nitric oxide and NH 3 during heating, and combine with organic groups to interrupt the chain reaction and reduce the temperature.
(5) Swelling fire-resistant materials are deformed by thermal expansion of polyurethane foam, resulting in closed-maintained blocks of carbonaceous foam plastic insulation boards, which delay the heat generation and the transmission of the plates, blocking the blocks from igniting or being caused by temperature rise Reduced compressive strength.
Fire-resistant coating thickness testing of steel structures:
Fire-resistant coatings are mainly divided into ultra-thin, thin and thick. The thickness of the thin coating is generally within 3mm, and the decorative effect is also good. The reason why this material is fireproof is that it can expand and foam at high temperatures. Can increase the fire resistance limit to 2 hours. The thickness of fire-resistant coatings for thick steel structures is required to be greater than 7mm and less than 45mm. The granular side of this material has a small density, low thermal conductivity and a fire resistance of more than 2 hours.
The fire resistance time of the fireproof coating and the coating thickness of the fireproof coating are proportional in a certain stage. The fireproof time of the same fireproof coating is different due to the different thicknesses. But beyond a certain limit coating thickness and fire resistance time will be unbalanced. Therefore, it is very important to measure the thickness of the fire-resistant coating with a fire-resistant coating thickness gauge.
Usually we use the LS223 fire-resistant coating thickness gauge to check the thickness of the fire-resistant coating. This coating thickness gauge is equipped with two probes F3N3 and F5N3. Users can choose the coating thickness gauge that suits them according to the size of the coating thickness they measure. The instrument uses the nondestructive measurement principle of the Hall effect and eddy current effect, which will not cause damage to the coating surface.
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge