How to Test the Smoke Transmittance?
The Linshang LS116 light transmittance meter can directly measure the transmittance of smoke, which is calculated by measuring the light transmittance of the beam. But the relative value is measured, not the absolute value.
The smoke transmission test is very important, so how do you test the smoke transmittance?
All materials produce a lot of smoke and toxic gases during combustion, which is one of the important factors causing casualties in fires. Therefore, the density of smoke is very important, and it is often visible. In the event of a fire, a large amount of toxic gases, flames and heat will be added for a short period of time. So we test the smoke density that people can know early in the event of a fire and organize personnel to leave, because the lower the visibility, the higher the risk.
The method of testing smoke: the smoke generated during the combustion process can be large or small. The main principle of the smoke density measurement is that in a specific space, the material generates smoke under specific combustion or radiation conditions, and the light beam will pass through the smoke. The light transmittance is calculated by measuring the light beam, and is generally expressed as a percentage. The formula is: (transmitted light intensity / original light intensity) * 100%. The two data can be measured with the Linshang LS116 light transmittance meter. Here are some industry test standards and methods:
1. Seat smoke density test method;
2. Floor smoke density test method;
3. Small area material smoke density test method, mainly used for small area testing, such as textile material burning test;
4. Panel smoke density test method, mainly used in the car, vertical surface of the car and horizontal ceiling surface burning smoke test;
5, wire and cable smoke density test method, mainly used indoors, outdoor wire and cable burning smoke test;
Some customers may ask if they can test the smoke transmittance after burning sandalwood. Are there any standards?
The LS116 Light transmittance meter is also testable, but the country only set standards about smoke in a small number of industries, and there is no relevant standard for sandalwood smoke. Smoke is a thing that changes at any time, the size of the burning material, whether the combustion environment is sealed, the uniformity of smoke, etc. These factors all have an impact on the measured data. Therefore, when measuring the smoke transmittance, a smoke density box can also be specially made, and then directly measured by the LS116 light transmittance meter, but the value that the meter measured is the relative one not the absolute one.
- What Light Transmittance Meter is used to detect the Thick Glass?
- Light Transmittance Meter Test Frosted Glass
- Transmittance Measurement of Plastic PC
- High-precision light transmittance meter for testing light guide plate
- Lampshade Transmittance Meter Measure the Transmittance of PC Lampshade
- The Operation Method of Front-windshield Transmittance Meter