In addition to light transmission, frosted glass also has a relatively high degree of privacy. The light transmittance of frosted glass can be detected by a light transmittance meter LS117 which adopt diffuse transmission principle.
The advantages of frosted glass
1. The distinguishing feature of frosted glass is that it can transmit light but not transparent.
2. Frosted glass can protect privacy to a certain extent, the people outside of the glass cannot see through the frosted glass.
3. Colorless transparent glass after matte generate milky white color, with a better landscaping decorative effect.
4. The frosted glass has only lower transparency than the original glass in terms of quality performance, and other properties are basically unchanged.
5. Frosted glass looks higher end.
6. Frosted glass is good for protecting the eyes.
How to use the light transmittance meter to detect the frosted glass
When the light is irradiated on the frosted glass, diffuse reflection occurs. Therefore, when detecting the light transmittance of the frosted glass, a light transmittance meter LS117 with diffuse transmission principle is required. The light transmittance meter LS116 with regular transmission principle cannot accurately detect the light transmittance of the frosted glass.
Light transmittance meter test frosted glass
As shown in the figure above, the sample to be tested is a frosted glass. The picture on the right shows the light transmittance of the frosted glass tested by the LS117 light transmittance meter. The left picture shows the light transmittance of the frosted glass tested by the LS116 light transmittance meter.
Since the LS116 cannot receive the light that is diffusely reflected, the test data is too small. The LS117 light transmittance meter uses the diffuse transmission principle, and the test data is the most accurate.
LS117 light transmittance meter is suitable for detecting light transmittance and optical density of materials such as white diffusing plate, zirconia, aluminized film, X-ray film, fog, frosted glass.