Advantages and operation precautions of portable colorimeter
A colorimeter is a color measurement device used to capture and evaluate colors and plays an important role in the color control program, and a portable colorimeter is more convenient and practical. Whether it is a designer or a manufacturer, it is needed for color discrimination.
Why do you have to use equipment? Because color is not a real thing, it is the perception of light entering the eyes. When we use the naked eye to judge the difference between two colors, it is affected by different ambient light or different human perception, that is, we are deceived by the color. The portable colorimeter is designed to be more convenient to use, eliminate the influence of subjective factors of the human eye, evaluate product color more accurately, and measure the color difference between objects more objectively.
Advantages of portable colorimeters
Portable colorimeters are currently the most mainstream colorimeters, and the most common types are handheld and horizontal. It has the characteristics of simple operation, convenient portability and excellent performance. It is suitable for rapid detection on various sites and is used in color management in plastics, paint ink, textile and clothing, printing and other industries.
Taking the Linshang portable colorimeter series as an example, it has the following advantages:
Small size, easy to carry;
Standard D65 light source, full-spectrum LED, to ensure the accuracy of measurement;
45/0 and D/8 are two international common optical structures, which are widely used;
3.5-inch color touch screen, easy to operate;
Multiple color spaces and color difference formulas to match the needs of different industries
Built-in multiple electronic color cards, quickly match the closest color card number during color measurement;
It can be used with APP and PC software, and has more functions;
Good repeatability, △E*ab≤0.03, can pass the test of national authoritative metrology institute;
With super high cost performance;
Precautions for operation of portable colorimeter
The colorimeter is a precision optical instrument. Only with the correct operation method can the measurement be more accurate. When using the Linshang portable colorimeter, you need to pay attention to the following points:
1. The instrument does not need to be calibrated frequently, but if the instrument has not been used for a long time, it is recommended to perform calibration before use.
2. When calibrating, the whiteboard should be kept clean and free of dust, otherwise the instrument will fail to pass the calibration, resulting in inaccurate measurement data. Similarly, the base is not closed properly or the base is not closed will also cause the calibration to fail.
3. The Linshang colorimeter has two lighting modes, namely 45/0 and D/8. The difference between these two methods is that the optical geometry is different. The D/8 lighting method is suitable for general industries, especially for the color difference contrast and color measurement of high-gloss items. It is recommended to use 45/ in the packaging and printing industry in national standards. 0.
4. There is a one-to-one correspondence between the base and the instrument, and each instrument and the base are adjusted and matched by the factory. If the base is accidentally lost, the instrument needs to be sent back for re-matching and adjustment.
5. If powder or liquid needs to be measured, it can be measured with a cuvette, and the measured item is required to be placed in the cuvette without light transmission or leakage.
6. When measuring, make sure that the area of the measured object is larger than the aperture. If the color of the test material is uneven or has texture, in order to ensure the accuracy of the data, it is recommended to use a large-caliber colorimeter for measurement.
7. When measuring small-area materials, in order to ensure the accuracy of the data, it can be used with a positioning plate.
8. Among the Linshang colorimeter series, several instruments have Bluetooth function and can be connected to the APP to ensure normal use. After scanning the QR code, you need to open all permissions, including functions such as positioning and storing data.
The above are the advantages and operation precautions of the Linshang Portable Colorimeter. If you want to know more details, you can contact the customer service staff.
- How to Improve the Surface Gloss of Quartz Stone?
- Transmittance Meter | Ultra-clear Glasses Performance
- Application of UV Radiometer in Medical Industry
- The Importance of Testing Thickness With Paint Thickness Meter
- Why should We Use Exposure Machine UV Integrator?
- How to Measure Car Paint Thickness with Auto Paint Gauge