Knowledge of Fire-resistant Coatings and Paint Coating Thickness Gauge
With the improvement of people's safety awareness, fire-resistant coatings are increasingly used in life and industry. But is the fire-resistant coating thick or thin? Below we give a brief introduction to the relevant knowledge of fire protection coatings.
1. The relevant thickness of fire coating
GB14907-2002 "Fireproof Coatings for Steel Structures" clearly requires that the fireproof coating thickness should be 7-45mm measured with a paint coating thickness gauge. However, the concrete construction process of fire-resistant coatings in steel structures is not clearly defined. And the choice of fire-resistant coating will affect the fireproof coating thickness. So how to choose the fire-resistant coating cost-effectively under the premise of ensuring safety becomes very important. Although the coating thickness is not clearly specified during the construction of the fire-resistant coating for steel structures, the specified coating thickness is required.
2. The effect of coating thickness on fire-resistant coatings performance
Generally, as the fireproof coating thickness increases, the temperature of the substrate surface will continue to decrease. However, the degree of temperature drop varies with the substrate. When the fireproof coating thickness is small, increasing the fireproof coating thickness can effectively reduce the temperature of the steel column surface. When the coating thickness is measured with a paint coating thickness gauge to 25 mm, the decrease in the substrate surface will continue to decrease with the increase in the fireproof coating thickness. If the fire-resistant coating is extremely thick, it will be very easy to fall off.
Therefore, the fire-resistant coating cannot be particularly thick. The ultra-thick fire-resistant coating is not the best method to improve the fire resistance of the substrate. When the coating reaches a certain thickness, we need to take other methods appropriately to improve the fire resistance of the material. Among the fire-resistant coatings, the thermal conductivity of the fire-resistant coating has a great influence on the substrate. For places with a high probability of fire, it is suitable to use a fire-resistant coating with a small thermal conductivity. So the fire-resistant coating is not as thick as possible.
3. Measure the fireproof coating thickness with paint coating thickness gauge
For the measurement of fire-resistant coating thickness, it is recommended to use Linshang LS223 paint coating thickness gauge. The LS223 paint coating thickness gauge is a instrument with a separate host and probe, which is very suitable for measuring narrow spaces. This instrument uses magnetic method and eddy current method to measure both the thickness of non-magnetic coatings on magnetic substrates and the thickness of non-conductive coatings on non-magnetic metal substrates. The measurement range is very wide. The instrument has the following characteristics:
(1) This instrument can measure up to 5mm and can measure thicker fire-resistant coatings.
(2) It can pass the inspection of Chinese national metrology.
(3) Simple operation. These is no need for calibration, just zero adjustment.
(4) The probe adopts ruby, which improves the abrasion resistanc and extends the service life of the instrument.
(5) Using advanced digital probe technology, the data collection and processing are done directly on the probe. The probe is not easily interfered and provides excellent test accuracy.
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge