Use Method and Tips of Using Coating Thickness Gauge
Many customers do not pay attention to the instructions when they buy the product. They do not need to calibrate when operating. They take a coating thickness gauge and directly measure it on the object. They do n’t know if the measured data is accurate. This time, this data is considered to be the correct value. The measured data is incorrect. We will teach you how to use the coating thickness gauge through the following steps.
1. Use steps of coating thickness gauge
(1) Zero adjustment: It is recommended to use the same uncoated workpiece surface for zero adjustment, because the measured material and the zero adjustment plate may have different physical properties such as magnetic or electrical conductivity. If there are no uncoated workpieces, you can use the supplied aluminum zero plate or iron zero plate to perform zero adjustment.
(2) Zero-adjustment steps: Here, Linshang LS220 is used as an example. Although the zero-adjustment methods of instruments from different manufacturers are different, the zero-adjustment steps are similar.
a) Press the probe vertically on the zero plate or uncoated workpiece, keep the probe stable, do not tilt or shake.
b) Keep the probe still, long press the button for 3 seconds, the instrument will prompt "Zero reference, Place probe".
c) When the instrument prompts "Lift off probe at least 15cm", release the button, lift the probe and leave the zero adjustment plate or the workpiece more than 15cm, the zero adjustment is complete. The probe should be pressed against the substrate (or uncoated workpiece) and the measured value should be zero.
(3) Measurement: Press the instrument vertically on the measured object surface and keep the probe stable to measure.
2. The use of coating thickness gauge
(1) Human factors: The placement of the probe has a great influence on the measurement. During the measurement, the probe should be kept perpendicular to the test object surface.
(2) Keep away from the interference of strong magnetic field: When the instrument is working near the strong electromagnetic field, the measurement will be seriously interfered.
(3) Impact of adhering substances: This instrument is sensitive to those adhering substances that prevent the probe from coming into close contact with the measure object surface. Therefore, the attached material must be removed to ensure that the probe is in direct contact with the measure object surface.
(4) Magnetic properties of the base metal: The thickness measurement by the magnetic method is affected by the magnetic changes of the base metal. In order to avoid the influence of heat treatment and cold processing factors, try to use the uncoated workpiece for calibration.
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge