Fire-resistant Coatings Features and Measurement
Fire-resistant coating is applied to the surface layer of buildings. It can enhance the fire resistance of building construction. It can reduce the flammability of the coated raw materials surface and conduct fire blocking. The rapid spread of accidents is a special coating used to improve the fire resistance of the raw materials being coated.
The function of fire protection coating is: through construction, the fire resistance time of building components can be effectively improved to meet the design requirements of building design fire protection specifications.
1. Fireproof coating features
(1) The fire-resistant material is flame-retardant or non-combustible, so that the sheet being maintained does not immediately touch the gas, reducing the rate of ignition.
(2) In addition to its own flame retardancy or non-flammability, flame retardant coatings also have low thermal conductivity, which may delay the transfer of flame temperature to the protected substrate.
(3) The flame retardant coating is heated to decompose a non-combustible inert gas, which dilutes the combustible gas decomposed by the protected object, making it difficult to burn or slowing the burning rate.
2. Fire-resistant coating thickness testing of steel structures
Fire-resistant coatings are mainly divided into ultra-thin, thin and thick. The thin coating thickness is generally within 3mm and the decorative effect is also good. The reason why this material is fireproof is that it can expand and foam at high temperatures. The coating can increase the fire resistance limit to 2 hours. The fire-resistant coating thickness for thick steel structures is required to be greater than 7mm and less than 45mm. The granular side of this material has a small density, low thermal conductivity and a fire resistance of more than 2 hours.
The fire resistance time of the fireproof coating and the coating thickness of the fireproof coating are proportional in a certain stage. The fireproof time of the same fireproof coating is different due to the different thicknesses. But beyond a certain limit, coating thickness and fire resistance time will be unbalanced. Therefore, it is very important to measure the fire-resistant coating thickness with a fire-resistant coating thickness meter .
Usually we use the LS223 fire-resistant coating thickness meter to check the fire-resistant coating thickness. This coating thickness meter is equipped with two probes F3N3 and F5N3. Users can choose the coating thickness meter that suits them according to the coating thickness they need to measure. Linshang coating thickness meter uses the nondestructive measurement principle of the Hall effect and eddy current effect, which will not cause damage to the coating surface.
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge