Light Transmittance Meter | Where Can PC Materials be Applied?
The PC material composition is safe and non-toxic with many functions. Its existence has promoted the development of industry and has a very high status. Now that we have talked about the use of PC materials, in the following article, we will specifically describe where PC materials can be applied.
1. What is PC material?
PC plastic, also called polycarbonate, is a high molecular polymer containing carbonate groups in its molecular chain. According to the structure of the ester group, it can be divided into many types, such as aliphatic, aromatic and aliphatic-aromatic. Among them, the low mechanical properties of aliphatic and aliphatic-aromatic polycarbonates limit their applications in engineering plastics. Currently, only aromatic polycarbonates have been industrialized. Due to the structural speciality of polycarbonate, it has become a general engineering plastic with a rapid growth rate among the five major engineering plastics.
2. Where can PC materials be applied?
(1) Building materials industry: Polycarbonate sheet has good light transmittance, impact resistance, ultraviolet radiation resistance and the dimensional stability, which makes it more popular than inorganic glass traditionally used in the construction industry.
(2) Medical devices: Polycarbonate products can withstand steam, cleaning agents, heating and high-dose radiation disinfection without yellowing and physical degradation. They are widely used in artificial kidney hemodialysis equipment such as the production of high-pressure syringes, surgical masks, disposable dental appliances, blood separators and so on.
(3) Aviation and aerospace: With the rapid development of aviation and aerospace technology, the requirements for various components in aircraft and spacecraft continue to increase. According to statistics, only 2500 polycarbonate parts are used on a single boeing aircraft, and a single machine consumes about 2 tons of polycarbonate. On the spacecraft, hundreds of different configurations of polycarbonate parts reinforced with glass fiber and protective gear for astronauts were used.
(4) Building material industry: Polycarbonate sheet has good light transmittance, impact resistance, UV radiation resistance and the dimensional stability of its products.
(5) Automotive industry: Polycarbonate has good impact resistance, heat distortion resistance, good weather resistance and high hardness, so it is suitable for producing various parts of cars and light trucks.
3. How to distinguish the quality of PC materials?
Although it is said that high-quality polycarbonate materials are safe and non-toxic, any product may appear counterfeit and inferior. Therefore, when selecting PC materials, you must find good quality products. The light transmittance is considered and the transmittance of the PC board can reach 89%. The transmission of plexiglass is usually measured and confirmed using a light transmittance meter. The light transmittance of the PC board can be detected by the Linshang LS116 light transmittance meter. The LS116 light transmittance meter uses a parallel light path design, which is suitable for detecting large thickness light transmitting materials.
- Difference between LS116 and LS117 Light Transmittance Meter
- What’s the Difference Between Point Light and Parallel Light Transmittance Meter
- Measurement of Optical Density
- Spectacle lens anti-blue light detection---blue-violet light transmittance meter
- Difference of LS116 Transmission & LS117 OD Meter
- Linshang Insulated Glass Unit Measuring Tools