Anticorrosive Materials and Its Coating Thickness Measurement
1. Two categories of anticorrosive coatings
Anticorrosive coatings can be divided into two categories, namely oil-based paints (film-forming substances are dry oils) and resin-based paints (film-forming substances are synthetic resins). It is a thin coating formed on the object surface by a certain coating method, which is formed by curing to protect the surfaces of equipment, pipes and metal structures from the corrosive effects of the chemical atmosphere and acids, alkalis and other media. The anti-corrosion paint thickness tester measures the thickness of the anti-corrosion coating on the metal surface.
Antirust paint and primer paint can be divided into two kinds of primer and topcoat according to their function. The difference is that there are more pigments in the primer, which can be polished. While the anti-rust paint in the paint sheet meets the requirements of water resistance, alkali resistance and other properties.
2. Application Features of Anticorrosive Coatings
(1) The diabase and pipe lining are made by melting the diabase. The main component is silicon dioxide, which is a gray-black dense material.
(2) The lining of acid-resistant ceramic tiles, plates and pipes is made of refractory clay, feldspar and quartz by dry molding. The main component is silicon dioxide.
(3) Impervious graphite sheet and pipe lining are made of artificial graphite impregnated with phenolic or furan resin.
The coating thickness is an important indicator of whether the anticorrosive coating works. Measuring the coating thickness with an anti-corrosion paint thickness tester is one of the most important quality inspection step of an anti-corrosion coating. For anti-corrosion coatings, anti-corrosion paint thickness testers are almost essential instrument for coating thickness measurement. The coating has been applied in various industries and it is easy to detect. It has developed into many types such as magnetic induction, ultrasonic, eddy current and simple measurement.
Usually we use the Linshang LS223 anti-corrosion paint thickness tester to check the thickness of the anti-corrosion layer. Linshang LS223 anti-corrosion paint thickness tester has the following characteristics:
●The anti-corrosion paint thickness tester conforms to the national standards "DIN EN ISO 2808 Coating and Varnish Film Thickness" and "JJG-818-2005 Magnetic and Eddy Current Covering Thickness Gauge Verification Regulations".
●The instrument can automatically identify the measurement substrate. The range is large: Fe: 0.0-5000 μm, NFe: 0.0-3000 μm.
●There is no need for calkbration just zero adjustment. The operation is very simple.
●Using digital probes, with temperature compensation function. The measurement data is not affected by temperature changes and the measurement data is more stable.
The above is the relevant information of the anti-corrosion coating and anti-corrosion paint thickness tester. Generally, the anti-corrosion coating has to pass the qualification tests of coating thickness, anti-corrosion degree and acid resistance. Linshang LS223 anti-corrosion paint thickness tester is a good choice for coating thickness inspection.
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge