Digital Glass Thickness Gauge
In life, vernier calipers, zero-scale extension feet, micrometers, etc. can be used to measure the glass thickness, but these tools have higher requirements on glass. The tested glass must be some uninstalled flat glass. For some of the installed glass, curtain wall glass, insulating glass, laminated glass, these tools can not be used. So in this environment, digital glass thickness gauge was born. Let's take a look at the digital glass thickness gauge
1.Measurement principle of digital glass thickness gauge:
The measurement principle of the digital glass thickness gauge: use the optical reflection principle to install a laser strip (usually a red laser) inside the instrument. When the instrument is measuring, the laser strip will emit laser light to contact the tested glass and then reflect back. Then, the thickness of the glass layer and the air layer are calculated by the incident angle of the optical path, the refractive index, the distance between the two reflecting plates on the sensor receiving surface.
2.Characteristics of digital glass thickness gauge:
1)The general digital glass thickness gauge is available in both Chinese and English.
2)Since the digital glass thickness gauge adopts the principle of laser reflection, the thickness of the glass can be measured on one side, which is very convenient to use.
3)Wide application which can be applied to various types of single-layer glass, laminated glass and insulating glass.
4)Compared with the traditional measurement method, the digital glass has a fast measurement speed and high measurement accuracy.
5)For some high-quality digital glass thickness gauges, there are two measurement modes: automatic and manual measurement modes, which can accurately test different types of insulating glass.
3.Take Linshang LS201 as an example to understand the use of digital glass thickness gauge:
The method of measuring the single-layer glass in the automatic mode of the digital glass thickness gauge:
1)Press the “power” button to turn on the instrument. The instrument defaults to the automatic measurement mode and displays historical measurement data.
2)Press the “measure” button to enter the measurement mode and display the measurement data on the interface.
3)Long press the “power” button to shut down the instrument.
4. The method of measuring the insulating glass (two glass and one cavity) in the manual mode of the digital glass thickness gauge:
1) After powering on, long press the “select” button to enter the selection mode, select the manual mode and press the power button to confirm. (Manual mode needs to know the type of glass being measured)
2) Set the first layer as glass, the second layer as air, the third layer as glass. “measure” for the up button and the “select” button for the down button. The "power" button is the confirmation button. The tested glass is approximately x mm and the thickness of the glass is set to x mm. The thickness of the air layer is set to approximately x mm. The thickness of the third layer of glass is approximately x mm. After setting, you need to confirm and save the settings. (Manual will appear at the bottom of the screen)
3) Place the digital glass thickness gauge on the tested glass and press the measurement button. The instrument can measure the glass and air layer thickness.
4) Long press the “power” button to power off the instrument or the instrument will shut down automatically without any operation within 10 minutes.