What are the Factors Affecting the Gloss of Furniture Paint?
Whether the gloss of furniture paint can be well controlled will have a decisive effect on each grade of product. For example, if furniture with high gloss is required, if it cannot be met, then the design and matching of the entire product will be bad. Therefore, the construction of furniture paint needs very high technology. Regardless of whether problems such as cripples will appear on the surface after construction, color and gloss must be accurately grasped. Today, we will share with you what factors are related to the gloss of furniture paint.
1. The particle size and dispersibility of pigments in furniture paint will affect the gloss of the paint film. The finer the pigment, the better the dispersion uniformity in the base material, which helps to form a smooth paint film.
2. The pigment-base ratio in paint has an effect on the gloss of the paint film. As the pigment particles in the paint film weaken the specular reflection, the gloss decreases. The gloss gradually decreases with the increase of the pigment volume concentration (P.V.C).
3. When the base ratio is constant, the larger the oil absorption of the pigment, the lower the gloss.
4. The pigments of different colors absorb and reflect light at different degrees. Because black paint completely absorbs light and white paint completely reflects light, black paint shows higher gloss than white paint.
5. The type of solvent used in furniture paint directly affects the speed of volatilization. Too fast or too slow volatilization will affect the flatness of the paint film and reduce the gloss of the paint film.
6. The gloss of the paint film surface depends not only on the flatness and roughness of the paint film surface, but also the angle of incidence of light will affect the gloss. The larger the angle of incidence, the higher the intensity of reflected light.
7. The standard board is the main benchmark for measuring and calculating the gloss of the paint film, which will directly affect the accuracy of the gloss measurement of the sample, so it should be carefully stored to prevent surface damage.
Furniture paint not only makes the appearance of wooden furniture more beautiful, but also plays a role in maintenance. The Linshang gloss tester LS191 uses a universal 60 °, which is not only small in size but also high in accuracy. It is a very stable instrument. And it is produced in accordance with the national inspection regulations (JJG 696).
How to use paint gloss tester LS191?
First press the button to boot and enter the test interface after the calibration is completed. The display interface can display the real-time value, maximum value, minimum value, average value, mean square error value, current recorded value, measurement times and statistical times. After testing the furniture, close the instrument to the base of the standard board and it will automatically shut down in 15 seconds.
There is no need to press the button during testing, as long as the instrument is placed on the furniture material, the test data is immediately displayed. Press the power button to record the current test data and automatically calculate the maximum, minimum, average and standard deviation. The smaller the standard deviation, the more uniform the gloss of the furniture surface.
Paint gloss tester LS191, not only can be used in the furniture industry, but also widely used in ink, plastic, paper, ceramic tile, stone, car maintenance, molding mold, metal coating and other industries to measure the surface gloss of materials.
Based on the above, the factors that affect the gloss of furniture