What is Acrylic and How to Distinguish the Acrylic Board Quality?
1. What is acrylic?
The chemical name of acrylic is polymethyl methacrylate, which has the same light transmittance as glass and belongs to an important thermoplastic developed earlier. In addition, acrylic has good chemical stability, fire resistance, easy dyeing. Acrylic has a wide range of applications in the construction industry, furniture products and sanitary ware. Acrylic performance are listed below:
● Acrylic has good transparency and light transmittance. Acrylic colored with dye has good color spreading effect.
● Acrylic has good weather resistance, high surface hardness and surface gloss.
● Acrylic processing performance is good, not only can be used for thermoforming, but also mechanical processing.
● Acrylic is wear-resistant, resistant to a variety of chemicals.
● Acrylic has good sprayability and stability.
● Acrylic is flame resistant and will not ignite spontaneously.
2. How to distinguish the quality of acrylic board?
We can observe whether the surface of acrylic is discolored or the gloss is not high. We can also see whether the manual of the acrylic board is consistent with the actual material, so as to determine whether it is a regular material.
(2) Combustion method
You can take a small piece of acrylic to burn. If it burns quickly, it means that the quality of acrylic is unqualified.
(3) Paste method
Two acrylic plates can be put together. It is difficult to separate the poor quality acrylics after hot-melt. The good quality acrylics are easy to separate, so this experiment can distinguish the quality of the acrylic plates.
(4) Light transmission method
Light transmittance is an important technical indicator of many optical products, such as glass, solar film, laminated glass, acrylic plate, etc. The test principle of the light transmittance meter is to use a visible light source to illuminate the test substance. The sensor detects the incident light intensity of the light source and the light intensity after passing through the test substance. The ratio of the transmitted light intensity to the incident light intensity is transmitted, expressed as a percentage. The LS116 light transmittance meter uses a parallel light path design, which is suitable for detecting large thickness materials with an accuracy of within ± 1%.
The light source of this light transmittance meter complies with the CIE photopic luminosity function standard, ensuring that it passes the testing of the Chinese Metrology Institute. It is also one of the best tools for us to choose high-quality transparent acrylic board! The LS116 portable light transmittance meter can easily and intuitively test the visible light transmittance of colored glass. The LS116 light transmittnace meter has the characteristics of small measurement error, high measurement accuracy, good stability and easy operation. It is essential to control and ensure product quality. This light transmittance testing equipment is widely used in transparent or translucent material manufacturing, commodity inspection and other testing fields.
- Difference between LS116 and LS117 Light Transmittance Meter
- What’s the Difference Between Point Light and Parallel Light Transmittance Meter
- Measurement of Optical Density
- Spectacle lens anti-blue light detection---blue-violet light transmittance meter
- Difference of LS116 Transmission & LS117 OD Meter
- Linshang Insulated Glass Unit Measuring Tools