Things You Want To Know Before Purchasing Gloss Meter
The gloss meter, as the saying goes, is an instrument used to measure the object surface gloss. It is widely used in automobiles, paints, furniture, electronic appliances, paints and inks, paper, ceramics, marble and other industries. According to the different measurement range, Linshang Technology have invented generally two gloss meters, LS191 gloss meter and LS192 gloss meter. Below we will mainly introduce you things you want to know when purchasing a gloss meter, summarized as follows:
1. Can the 60 degree gloss meter measure the orange paint or powder gloss?
First of all, we need to popularize it for everyone before measuring. The measuring surface of the object must be flat and the measuring aperture of the object must be within the measuring range of the gloss measuring instrument.
2. Can the Linshang LS192 gloss meter be used to test the aluminum surface gloss of doors and windows?
3. Will the strong light environment affect the measurement of the gloss meter? How to deal with it?
Light-transmitting materials will be affected and opaque materials won’t be affected. For the light-transmitting materials, when using the gloss meter to measure, try to avoid the place where the light is strong. If you want to avoid this situation, you can use black velvet to cover the measurement port.
4. Does Linshang Technology have a gloss meter with temperature compensation function?
Yes, Linshang Technology, LS191 gloss meter and LS192 gloss meter have this function.
5. What is the gloss standard for paint products?
Different products have different gloss standards.
6. Which gloss meter is used to measure the paper gloss?
Linshang LS192 gloss meter can be used for surface gloss test of paints, coatings, inks, plastics, paper, ceramic tiles, ceramics, stone, metal and electroplated layers. The glossiness measurement range can reach 1000GU. The test data can be comparable to German BYK Glossmeter.
7. What are the precautions for measuring the paint gloss with gloss meter?
The gloss meter should be kept level with the measured object. In addition, the coating product should be kept dry. The light-transmitting material gloss should not be measured under strong light during the measurement.
8. What power source does the Linshang gloss meter use?
The rechargeable lithium battery is 14500, fully charged at one time. The gloss meter can be used continuously for more than 50 hours.
9. Can the standard board of the gloss meter be cleaned with ordinary tissues?
Of course not, you must use a professional cleaning cloth for cleaning.
10. Does the gloss meter have to be calibrated with a standard board before each measurement?
No, the instrument can maintain long-term stability
The gloss meter is widely used in our usual production and life, so we all still need to know more about this aspect. If you want to know more about Linshang gloss meters , please refer to“How do Gloss tester Work and Its Application?”