As a common industrial raw material, plastic is widely used in many industries. Such as plastic outer packaging, plastic daily necessities, plastic household and so on. Plastics are mainly composed of various synthetic resins, fillers, plasticizers, stabilizers, lubricants, colorants and other additives. Due to the different characteristics of the raw materials and the differences in production processes, plastic products will produce a variety of luster. What people call plastic glossiness is the ability of their surface to reflect light specularly. It refers to a physical quantity that evaluates the ability of a material's surface to reflect light under a set of geometrically prescribed conditions. It has a reflective property of direction selection. We usually use professional gloss meter to measure the plastic gloss.
The refractive index range of plastic is approximately 1.4 ~ 1.6 and the gloss is generally within the range of 70 ~ 110 gloss. However, the reflective conditions of transparent plastics and translucent plastics are different and cannot be generalized.
The main factors affecting the gloss of plastics are the following:
(1) The effect of raw materials on the surface gloss of products The characteristics of the resin itself have a large effect on the gloss of the product surface, which is an effective method for controlling gloss. (2) The influence of processing technology on the plastic surface gloss
For molded products, a surface-polished mold can be used to improve gloss of the mold to adjust gloss.
(3) Effect of filler on plastic surface gloss
Inorganic filler filled plastic products can impart high rigidity, heat resistance and dimensional stability, reduce production costs. Most inorganic fillers will seriously affect the high gloss of the clinker itself.
If the lack of surface gloss of a product is detected by a plastic gloss meter, how can we deal with it? The brightening method of plastic is to improve the gloss or finish of the plastic products surface. In addition to the selection of raw materials, the method includes adding extenders, morphological control brightening methods, surface coating brightening methods.
(1) Raw material selection
The plastic materials have different gloss characteristics. Selecting high-gloss raw materials will increase the produced plastic products surface gloss accordingly.
(2) Additive selection
Different additives such as lubricants and stabilizers can also affect the surface gloss of plastic parts.
(3) Brightness control
In the production of plastic products, the roughness of the mold surface will have a great impact on the surface of the pressed plastic part. If the surface of the plastic product is rough, the gloss will be greatly reduced. Therefore, stable shape control is also one of the ways to brighten plastic parts.
When it comes to the gloss meter in the industry, there is no well-known brand in Germany than the German BYK gloss meter. I have to say that the German BYK was successful. The gloss meter was defined for the first time and became a unified standard instrument. Therefore, the price is not cheap, ranging from 10,000 to 30,000 RMB. The instrument itself has a variety of functions, even a dozen languages and it is relatively complicated to operate. In fact, only a few functions are used.
Now Linshang Technology has introduced a gloss meter LS192, the first instrument which can be compared with the German BYK gloss meter, why the LS192 gloss meter can be compared with BYK gloss meter, because:
● Various measurement modes of the instrument, automatic measurement and manual measurement.
● Real-time measurement
● It can display real-time value, maximum value, minimum value, average value, mean square. The smaller the mean square, the more uniform, intuitive and clear.
● Ultra-small design
● The number of storage groups can be set by yourself and a maximum of 99 sets of data can be measured.
● The instrument complies with the national standard of JJG 696 Grade I gloss meter.
● Connect to the computer, expand more functions and output professional reports in real time.
As a professional gloss meter manufacturer, Linshang promises that all gloss meters can be returned for no reason within 30 days from the date of purchase, with a one-year warranty service.