Precautions When Using Paint Thickness Measuring Device
What will affect the paint thickness measuring device accuracy?
1. When the thickness of the cover layer is greater than 25μm, its error is approximately proportional to the thickness of the cover layer;
2. The conductivity of the base metal has an influence on the measurement, it is related to the composition of the base metal material and the heat treatment method;
3. Each kind of paint thickness measuring device requires a critical thickness of the base metal. Only if it is greater than this thickness, the measurement will not be affected by the thickness of the base metal;
4. The eddy current paint thickness measuring device has an edge effect on the determination of the pattern, that is, the measurement near the edge of the pattern or the inner corner is unreliable.
5. The curvature of the sample has an influence on the measurement. This effect will increase significantly with the decrease of the radius of curvature;
6. The surface roughness of the base metal and the cover layer affects the accuracy of the measurement. The roughness will increase and the effect will increase;
7. Eddy current paint thickness measuring device is sensitive to the adherent substances that prevent the probe from coming into close contact with the surface of the cover. Therefore, the dirt on the surface of the probe and the cover should be removed before measurement.
How to use paint thickness measuring device to avoid reducing errors?
1. When measuring with a paint thickness measuring device, try to use the measured material as the base for zero adjustment to avoid different magnetic permeability due to different materials and measurement errors.
2. When using the paint thickness measuring device to measure, you should also pay attention to the probe and the material surface to be kept vertical to avoid large errors.
3. The paint thickness measuring device surface needs to be kept as smooth as possible. If the surface is not smooth, the average value should be taken as appropriate, because the surface roughness has a greater impact on the measured value.
The paint thickness measuring device uses the principle of magnetic induction and eddy current to non-destructively detect the coating thickness on the metal work. The paint thickness measuring device developed by Linshang Technology is an iron-aluminum dual-purpose paint thickness measuring device, which does not need to be switched. The instrument automatically recognizes the substrate, which makes operation easier. The measuring range of different instruments is different, meeting a variety of measurement needs At the same time, the accuracy of the three paint thickness measuring devices independently developed by Linshang Technology is consistent with the accuracy of the Germany brand BYK. It is the highest precision instrument in Chinese paint thickness measuring devices. LS221 and LS223 as separate paint thickness measuring devices are externally connected, suitable for narrow test environments. The probe can be put into the narrow test point for testing and we can hold the host for reading.
- High precision coating thickness gauge for used car
- Automotive paint protection films coating thickness gauge
- Plating Thickness Measuring Instrument for Detecting Anti-corrosion Coating
- Linshang LS220, LS191, LS160A– Necessary for Car Cover Inspection
- Coating Thickness Gauge for Second Hand Vehicle
- Zero Adjustment Step of Coating Thickness Gauge