How to Restore Car Paint Surface Gloss?
1. How to do when the paint is damaged?
There are many possible reasons for the painted surface gloss. First, you need to determine the factors that affect the painted surface gloss, find out the problem and solve the problem.
(1) Small scratches on the painted surface
During the use of the car, there will be some small scratches on the surface due to prolonged rain washing and dust washing. These scratches will affect the flatness of the paint surface, resulting in a decrease in the paint surface gloss.
The solution is to go to a professional car 4S shop, maintain the car, repaint and wax it.
(2) The paint quality
The pigments in the paint are loose. Two or more colored paints are not mixed well with each other. For example, the medium blue alkyd enamel and white phenolic enamel are mixed. Even if they are evenly mixed, variegation may sometimes occur, which is more pronounced when brushing.
The solution is to strictly control the car paint quality to ensure the paint surface gloss.
(3) Spraying process
Too much solvent or improper selection during paint distribution, the transpiration rate is unbalanced; one coating is too thick, convection and blooming occur on the top and bottom of the coating film to form small hexagonal markings, paint brushes, rollers, spray containers or other residues in the pipeline. The paint of the color has not been cleaned, especially the residual dark paint. When the light paint is applied, the dark bleed out of the bristles or rollers, etc.
Solution: Control various parameters in the painting process, improve car paint spraying process and increase gloss of paint surface.
2. How to restore paint gloss?
If you want to restore the original paint gloss, we need to measure the paint gloss to ensure that the area of the repainted paint is consistent with the original paint gloss.
(1) Test the gloss uniformity of the car paint surface with the Linshang glossmeter
(2) Use the original paint or adjust the paint according to the original paint ratio for spray proofing. The sample gloss was measured. Ensure that the sample paint surface gloss is consistent with the gloss of the original paint surface.
(3) Repaint the damaged area of the paint surface. After the paint surface is dried, we can use a glossmeter.
3. Linshang glossmeter LS192 features
● Various measurement modes of the instrument, automatic measurement and manual measurement.
● Real-time measurement.
● It can display real-time value, maximum value, minimum value, average value and standard deviation. The smaller the standard deviation, the more uniform of the sample surface gloss.
● Ultra-small design, take it with you wherever you go and measure.
● The number of storage groups can be set by yourself and a maximum of 99 sets of data can be measured.
● The instrument meets the national metrological verification regulations JJG 696 level gloss meter standard.
● The glossmeter can be connected to the computer and output professional reports in real time.