How to Measure Ultraviolet Radiation by a UV Lamp Intensity Meter?
What is ultraviolet light? Ultraviolet light means that the wavelength of the electromagnetic spectrum is from 10 nm to 400 nm, and the ultraviolet light is divided into three bands of UVA, UVB, and UVC. How to measure ultraviolet radiation？A professional UV lamp intensity meter should be used for testing.
What is ultraviolet light?
Ultraviolet light means that the wavelength of the electromagnetic spectrum is from 10 nm to 400 nm and cannot be perceived by the naked eye. According to the band, UV is divided into three categories: UVA, UVB, and UVC:
1. UVA is a long-wave UV-transparent, wavelength 315 nm - 400 nm, which can make the skin elastic and collagen fibers, can make the skin tan.
2. UVB is a medium-wave ultraviolet ray with erythema effect to promote mineral metabolism and vitamin D formation in the body, the wavelength is 280 nm - 320 nm, but long-term exposure is not recommended, because it will tan the skin caused by erythema peeling.
3. UVC is a short-wave ultraviolet ray that has a bactericidal effect. The wavelength is 200 nm – 280 nm. The UVC band is very harmful to the human body. Short-term exposure can burn the skin. If it is exposed for a long time, it will cause skin cancer.
Ultraviolet rays are often used in our lives. UVC is often used in hospital germicidal lamps. UVB is often used in health care physiotherapy lamps. UVA is often used in curing lamps in the curing industry. Generally, the intensity and energy of ultraviolet light are detected. It is recommended to use an ultraviolet radiation meter such as the UV lamp intensity meter LS126C for professional detection of UVC band or the multi-probe UV lamp intensity meter LS125 for detecting the intensity of UVB and UVA.
How to measure ultraviolet radiation？
Method for detecting UVC light source with LS126C UV lamp intensity meter:
1. If the customer downloads the software of the instrument, the Bluetooth function can also be used to connect to the mobile phone APP, and the test data of the instrument can be viewed outdoors.
2. LS126C as a professional UV lamp intensity meter will be provided with a 1 meter extension hook, the customer only needs to stretch the hook to 1 meter and then directly hang on the tube, then put the instrument on the tray to turn on the light test.
Detecting UVB or UVA light sources with the LS125 multi-probe UV lamp intensity meter:
1. When using LS125 UV lamp intensity meter, first determine the light source, if it is to detect UVB light source, install UVB probe, if it is UVA light source, install UVA probe...
2. Then start the test by aligning the light source with the test aperture of the instrument.
The above is an introduction to how is ultraviolet radiation measured? If you have any questions about our UV lamp intensity meter, please feel free to contact us by email.